Driscoll's K.E.E.P. Club
KEEP has 5 branches
- KEEP stands for Kids Expect Environmental Protection. It is a grades 5-8 club that was started in 2015 at the Michael Driscoll School in Brookline, MA.
- The goal is to to work together to keep the environment around us and beyond as healthy, beautiful, safe and appreciated as we can
KEEP has 5 branches
- PLASTICS AND OCEAN LIFE-click here: We are starting right here at Driscoll thinking about how to reduce, reuse and recycle more of the plastics we consume. We are trying to get Driscoll to STOP using plastic straws. We are also working on reducing all single use plastic in our school, other schools and local business establishments.
- THE DRISCOLL BIRD SANCTUARY-click here: This is a long term project to make the space behind Driscoll school (at the corner of Bartlett and Westbourne Terrace) a place for birds and other pollinators to be nourished and for the Driscoll community to have a peaceful, happy place to learn about and find solace in nature.
- CLIMATE CHANGE AND RENEWABLE ENERGY-click here: What can Driscoll do to slow down climate change? Get involved and help us slow down the ice from melting, the intense storms, fires, and droughts. We will connect with other Brookline environmental groups to learn more about how our school and other Brookline schools can develop renewable energy sources like wind and solar energy to slow down climate change.
- REFORESTATION-click here: We will work to protect and plant trees locally, nationally and specifically in endangered rain forests. Nothing can live without the trees that provide the oxygen and habitat for all living things.
- ANIMAL PROTECTION-click here: We will focus on wildlife such as rhinos, elephants, whales, polar bears, wolves, big cats and other animals that are at risk of extinction due to poaching and loss of habitat. We may also work to protect animals who are harmed due to cruel animal testing, fur coats, abuse or lack of a good home. This branch will work with a few wildlife organizations including but not limited to the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, Mission Blue, The World Wildlife Fund and others.
We will keep working to protect the earth we're in. We hope you will join us.
Donate to KEEP caring for the earth
Keep checking this site to find out the best way to dive into the work we do.