Driscoll's K.E.E.P. Club
- KEEP stands for Kids Expect Environmental Protection. It is a club that was started in a 5th grade class at the Michael Driscoll School in Brookline, MA. This year it will expand to include grades 5-8 teachers, families and friends.
- The goal is to to work together to keep the environment around us and beyond as healthy, beautiful, safe and appreciated as we can
- KEEP has 5 branches
- THE DRISCOLL BIRD SANCTUARY: This is a long term project to make the space behind Driscoll school (at the corner of Bartlett and Westbourne Terrace) a place for birds and other pollinators to be nourished and for the Driscoll community to have a peaceful, happy place to learn about and find solace in nature.
- PLASTICS and the OCEAN: We will educate and work to reduce the amount of plastics used at our school and the surrounding community.
- CLIMATE CHANGE and RENEWABLE ENERGY: We will connect with other Brookline environmental groups to learn more about how our school and other Brookline schools can develop renewable energy sources like wind and solar energy to slow down climate change.
- WILDLIFE AND ILLEGAL POACHING: We will work to educate others about wildlife that may soon go extinct if we do not know enough or care enough to protect it. This branch will work with a few wildlife organizations including but not limited to the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, Mission Blue, The World Wildlife Fund and others.
- TREES and FORESTS: We will work to protect and plant trees locally and in endangered rain forests.
We will keep working to protect the earth we're in. We hope you will join us.
Donate to KEEP caring for the earth
Keep checking this site to find out the best way to dive into the work we do.